Tuesday 24 January 2017

Shitto and Spice pepper jelly๐Ÿ˜ฅ


No, I don't know what it is with us all and pepper.
My daughter was asking me just the other day to make sure my jollof rice was very spicy and to add enough scotch bonnet peppers. ๐Ÿ˜Ÿ

These two recipes have in common the fact that they are cooked to last for long periods of time even outside of a fridge.

Shitto, 
I have mentioned before when I wrote the blog on Manna Superstores, Woolwich (02/12/16)
A roommate at University from Ghana introduced me to it. It was one of those packages received with love from 'Mum' on the way into school. It served as a staple support for white rice, yam, bread etc long after pocket money had taken it's exit. I fell in love with it since then.
Here's a recipe from Abena's Kitchen. The heat is in the scotch bonnet pepper.

Spicy pepper jelly
This intrigues me because it comes from The Caribbean  and it's nice to see how we sometimes have similar diet types at times. As the name implies, it is made as kind of peppery jelly. One could say like Cranberry sauce with a kick!!! I shall definitely be giving it a go too. 
This recipe is from Trini Cooking with Natasha


So which pepper mix is more up your street, Shito or Spicy Pepper Jelly? Maybe, even both depending on the season?

Cast your vote..�๐Ÿ˜

Fally Jay for The Food Hut.
fallysfoodhut.com• fallyvltd@gmail.com



No comments:

Post a Comment